This week's digest is cross-posted at ChicagoReGen.com.
- This week, President Obama signed the Child Nutrition Re-Authorization Act into law. The Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act of 2010 will authorize funding for child nutrition programs and aims to increase access to healthy food for low-income children nationwide.
- Increasing numbers of private investors are looking for ways to support local food systems.
- Chicago Garden highlights a number of local food products for the holiday season that support social enterprise ventures.
- Door to Door Organics is partnering with Goodness Greeness to provide an organic and local food products delivery service in Chicago.
- Chicago Food Policy Advisory Council and Advocates for Urban Agriculture are actively focusing on Chicago's zoning ordinance proposals for urban agriculture. Click here to view the ordinance.