This week's digest is cross-posted on ChicagoRegen.com.
- Using mobile technology, researchers such as Mari Gallagher can easily track stores selling food in the Chicago area.
- Chicago Public Radio featured a story on how Illinois LINK-approved food and liquor stores, gas stations and dollar stores are not fulfilling federal requirements to accept food stamps.
- A Central Illinois food innovation center could support the local food movement by offering a place for producers to process and package their products.
- The Farm Business Development Center at Prairie Crossing has helped launch successful farms such as Dea Dia and Sandhill Organics.
- A niche market is developing in the Chicago region for heritage turkeys.